#LBJ50 At a Glance
In 2020, we will celebrate the LBJ School's half-century of impact, both within the walls of academia and on public and social policies around the world. The 50th anniversary will capture the legacy of a great institution, embodied in the board of trustees and over 4,500 alumni, as well as prominent friends and supporters. Taking place against the backdrop of a transformative presidential election, the LBJ School reimagines the future as we:
- Connect LBJ's bold ambitions for change to live events focused on the globe's most pressing issues.
- Ignite emerging generations of young people driven by purpose and a desire to build a better world.
- Engage today's most innovative thinkers and leaders on stage and in film.
- Tell powerful stories on film documenting the impact of courageous leadership.
- Tap into the excitement around Austin’s music, culture and new economy.
In the Arena Events
The centerpiece of the yearlong celebration is a series of three daylong programs that will draw on both the School's local influence and global profile, attracting distinguished scholars, business and political leaders, creative thinkers and disruptors.
Each day's events will include:
- LBJ Forums. LBJ Forums will provide rich opportunities for the School to be at the forefront of global conversations on issues that command innovative approaches. Speakers for each Forum will be chosen based on their ability to inform, inspire and/or provoke innovative ideas and solutions for the future.
- LBJ Forum Dinner. Following each of the three LBJ Forum events, all select donors and participants from the Forum main-stage event will join special guests for a dinner and auction to benefit LBJ fellows.
- Scholars In the Arena. In these morning academic sessions, scholars explore issues related to the day’s LBJ Forum theme. Each academic session will be followed by a lunch that features a keynote speaker and an opportunity for the scholars to showcase their work on site.
- Artists and Musicians In the Arena. Art and music will play a prominent role in each anniversary event, drawing on the creative-rich Austin and University of Texas community.
- Thinkers and Doers Showcase. On each LBJ Forum day, in special networking hubs, select UT students will showcase their ideas and innovations related to that day's Forum theme.