LBJ Forum: Genius for Good
March 11, 2020
Explore. Push boundaries. Break glass. Shape the future. From civil rights and higher education to Medicare and space exploration, Lyndon B. Johnson embraced transformative change. He was a big thinker and an even bigger doer. In founding the School, he declared: "We have a school of public affairs [to] produce thinkers and doers: people who dream of progress and will try to turn those dreams into solid achievements."
By showcasing extraordinary thinkers and doers, Genius for Good challenges emerging generations of leaders to reach for bold ideas to shape a better world. To inspire emerging generations about the exciting future they can help lead with innovation, think-big public policy and fundamental notions of "the public good," this LBJ Forum convenes:
- Space pioneers to talk about advancing space exploration for the good of humanity;
- Medical innovators to share ideas about transforming health;
- And global warriors in the fight against inequality and poverty.
Confirmed participants to date include:
- Anousheh Ansari — CEO, XPRIZE Foundation
- Leanne Caret — President & CEO, Boeing Defense, Space & Security
- Dr. Livia Eberlin — Assistant Professor of Chemistry, University of Texas at Austin
- Tom Freston — Chairman of the ONE Campaign
- Mei Mei Hu — Co-founder & CEO, United Neuroscience
- Jessica Johnson-Cope — President, Johnson Security Bureau
- John B. King, Jr. — President & CEO, The Education Trust
- Dina Powell McCormick — Management Committee, Goldman Sachs
- Martine Rothblatt — Founder & CEO, United Therapeutics
- Bob Smith — CEO, Blue Origin
- Sherrie Westin — President of Global Impact and Philanthropy, Sesame Workshop
Tickets for Genius for Good will be made available in the coming weeks. Please check back here for programming updates and ticket information.